A Few Pointers to Improvise on Your Success
As a freelancer who has been in the industry for quite sometime, many of you would at some point reach a stage where the level of earnings is not increasing any more because there is absolutely no way in which more projects can be taken up in addition to the existing work simultaneously. So, the question arises as to how to improve and get on to the next level.
Here are a few suggestions that may help if you are facing the same kind of dilemma as mentioned above:
1. One method to improve the earnings would be take up work from better paying clients. If you are working for agencies, it is better to look for direct clients as the amount earned through them will be much higher than what is paid out through agencies.
2. If there is any scope for you to increase your rates to your existing clients try and do it.
3. You can by yourself look at starting a new agency where in you can employ a few translators and improve the volume of your business. But, here you will be faced up with the task of managing administrative work and the possibility of you carrying on with translation work comes down drastically. So take up this option only if you are ready for this.
4. You can even try to rope in more clients and outsource some of the new work to some others in the field. But, this carries the risk of you getting blamed for any shoddy work that the person whom you have outsourced the work to does.
5. You can try to form a team of like-minded freelancers who will work in tandem with you for various projects that you may have. Here the greatest drawback is finding such people to work with you.
6. To break free from the monotony, you can even try to put in your skills in some other fields such as teaching at a university or training some newcomers to your field. But, this again carries the limitations of time and you can take it up only if you can devote the time needed to do this.
Remember, there are no shortcuts to success. Whatever route you take up, it needs the required time and efforts to nurture it to fruition.