1.There are now more social-networking accounts than there are people in the world.
2. Facebook, YouTube and Wikipedia are world's most popular brands online
3. The world now spends over 110 billion minutes on social networks and blog sites, i.e 22 per cent of all time online or one in every four and half minutes.
4. Over 83 per cent of the companies say they either use or plan to use social media.
5. Popular social media/networking sites today are Face book, Twitter, Orkut, LinkedIn, MySpace), blogs, podcasts (Podcast Alley, iTunes), video sharing sites (YouTube, Ted, FlickR).
5.Back-channel referencing by Recruiters through social networking sites like Linked-in, Facebook, blogs etc.
6. Companies look for aspects such as indecent comments, pictures or posts, falsification of qualification or job history details, use of drugs or substance-abuse, racial comments or abuse by candidates etc.
7. Some companies have made online screening a formal requirement of the hiring process.
8. Company-social networking platforms have helped engage employees better and reduce attrition.
Source: HINDU BUSINESS LINE The use of social media in HR processes:::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::: News & Views TODAY (10th JUNE 2011)
All rights belong to ostom, Use of this post is allowed provided this link is present at the end of the article http://getdirectclient.blogspot.com