Home .........Hire Me .........101 Tips

Friday, April 11, 2008

terms of payment


Photo Credit Thiru

During the last 10 years since I am working on internet my clients came mainly from 3 sources

1. Agencies

2.Direct clients like Institutions/Organisations/companies/business entities

3.Individuals, one man agencies, lesser known entities/people without web presence/scanty contact details


After a translation is submitted these 3 types behave diffrently. And very often I was not paid for jobs which I completed after spending my time, energy and money(for infrastructure)

I started to follow the following procedure now. My approach is different for these 3 groups. They are :

1. Translation Agencies

1.1 Payment should be made within 30-45 days from the date of first invoicing. This means if the job is prolonged for further corrections, additions, deletions the date of first invoicing should be counted.

1 2 Any charges associated with the payment shall be incurred by the agency. In some cases if the agency is helpful I offer to share 50% bank charges to facilitate bank transfer(faster mode)

1.3. The translator shall receive the money in full as agreed in the begining of the job.
1.4 I dont accept the logic that the end client has not paid so my payment will be delayed.

1.5 I offer different modes of payment which once agreed should be respected by the agency


2. Direct clients like Institutions/Organisations/companies/business entities:

2.1 Payment shall be made within 20 days since the date of invoicing.
2.2 Any charges associated with the payment shall be incurred by the client
2.3 The translator should receive payment as per the invoice.
2.4 No part payment accepted

3. Individuals, one man agencies, lesser known entities/people without web presence/scanty contact details

3.1- I ask for full contact details before starting the job
3.2 PO or job no is must
3.3 Payment due on delivery

If you follow any other method which is effective please let me know. Send your comments.

0 comments: