1. If you’re launching a new site, or new content, write an introduction and submit it to social bookmarking sites.
2. Create a Yahoo Group for your language pair.
3. Create a MySpace account and use it to publisise your site.
4. Bookmark your site on Del.icio.us and if you’re really keen, add a Del.icio.us button to your homepage.
5. Create a Technorati account and “claim” your blog.
6. Submit your site to free, search engine friendly directories. An excellent list can be found at Info Vilesilencer.
7. Place a free ad for your service on Gumtree.
8. Syndicate your site’s content by using an RSS feeds.
9. Submit your RSS feeds to aggregator sites like FeedBurner, Squidoo, Feedboy, Jordomedia, FeedBomb, FeedCat, rssmad, feeddirectory and feedfury.
10. Write an article related to your language pair and submit it to article sites.
11. Sign up to StumbleUpon and get your friends to Stumble your site.
12. Add a link to your site in the signature of any forums you post on.
13. Tell your friends about your site. It’s free advertising init.
14. Spell cheek your site. Nothing appears more amateur than a site with typos or spelling mistakes.
15. Don’t worry about PageRank - worrying about PageRank is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum
16. Offer free translation for the first 300 words. Free is good. People tell their friends about free stuff.
17. Tell your neighbours, you never know what contacts they might have.
18. Offer your users as many ways as possible to contact you. MSN, Skype, Yahoo etc all complement email, phone and a real address.
19. Advertise your site on Craigslist. It’s free, relevant and localised.
20. Submit your site to DMOZ.org. It may take time, but it’s worth it.
21. Create an XML sitemap of your site and submit it to Google
22. Go to a free seminar for Website owners. You might learn something.
23. Find quality and relevant blogs and leave a comment (with a link back to your site of course).
24. Don’t pay people to submit your site to search engines. It’s a waste of money.
25. Contribute to language areas on Wikipedia.
26. Ask bloggers and other Web site owners to review your site and/or products.
The remaining part is in the next post.Do not forget to give your comments.